Director of Development
Merrimack Repertory Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre located in Lowell, MA, is seeking a full time Director of Development (DoD) to work closely with a broad range of constituents including MRT leaders and staff, Board of Trustees, volunteers, and other organizations in order achieve our fundraising goals.
All MRT employees are expected to embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet of modeling Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender identities.
Position: Director of Development, Full Time, Health and Benefits
The DoD works closely with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, and is part of the Senior Staff. They lead all development efforts including strategy, financial forecasting and reporting, and design and execution of all campaigns. The DoD is the major gifts officer for the organization and is responsible for all contributed income for the organization including institutional giving, annual fund (individuals), Trustee giving, corporate philanthropy and sponsorship, and planned giving. The DoD reports to the Executive Director; works closely with the Artistic Director; and works closely with multiple departments at MRT.
Duties and responsibilities
The Director of Development is responsible for the following:
• Collaborate with senior staff and Trustees on short- and long-range strategic institutional planning
• Represent MRT at committees, events, conferences and more related to fundraising
• Work closely with the Board of Trustees, especially the Development Committee
• Measure progress toward fundraising goals and provide meaningful analysis of trends in contributed revenue
• Lead annual fund fundraising efforts including all institutional and individual giving
• Work with the Executive Director and Board of Trustee to secure major, principal and planned gifts
• Lead and oversee MRT’s fundraising events
• Create and manage departmental budget; revise income projections throughout the year
• Manage gift processing in adherence with best practices for accounting and fundraising
• Work closely with the Board of Trustees, Friends of MRT, and other volunteers in order to serve the mission of MRT through fundraising and community engagement
Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Above all else, MRT is seeking an individual who is willing to embrace Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable team player, as well as those who are willing to help assure the highest possible safety measures. MRT strives toward becoming an Anti-Racist organization. We value an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups.
To apply, please submit resume and letter detailing what excites you about this role as well as your approach to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. EDI is important to MRT’s mission, and we ask you share the ways you would bring EDI to your work. Send to email@example.com with Director of Development in the subject line.
Valid driver’s license. Ability to lift 25 pounds. Some nights and weekends. Partial remote schedule available.
Classification: Full time. Reports to MRT’s Executive Director.
Salary: $70-75k, health and benefits
• Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituents
• 5+ years development experience
• Skills and experience in planning and execution of development strategies
• Experience developing and managing budgets, hiring and supervising employees
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey