Graphic Designer/Communications Associate
Graphic Designer/Communications Associate for a non-profit, professional theatre in downtown Lowell, MA. Position requires the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with arts professionals and educators. All employees must strictly adhere to the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion policies of MRT and embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet to model Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender identities.
Graphic designer and communications position description:
Ongoing graphic design projects include all forms of digital communications, direct mail pieces, brochures, posters, building signage, both print and digital advertisements, emails, exhibits, student materials, brand management, and the website. The graphic designer serves multiple departments. Position coordinates all production schedules with vendors and manages project budgets.
Non-graphic design duties involve invoicing, shared website management, shared social media management, limited event management, and coordination with outside non-profit organizations, such as schools, libraries, and art galleries.
Position requires extreme attention to detail; strong typography skills for a business/professional field; strong creative thinking ability; the capacity to juggle multiple projects involving many departments at once; the ability to work in a busy, creative, and collaborative atmosphere with artists and educators. Very limited but required, occasional evening and weekend hours.
• MINIMUM three years of graphic design experience.
• Experience with arts, advertising, public relations, or non-profit organizations preferred.
• Superior computer skills, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Some experience with interactive media helpful but not required (video or audio editing, moving images, animation)
• Experience with website management/content management systems (no coding necessary)
• Experience with social media platforms, including art creation and advertisements, for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
• Must be energetic, positive, articulate, collaborative
• Must be extremely well-organization and have an eye for detail
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities; possess strong attention to detail; demonstrated ability to meet goals and timelines.
• Commitment to excellence in creating materials for constituents.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Graphic Designer. No phone calls, please.
The position of Graphic Designer/Communications Associate is a full-time salaried position (starting at $48,000) with benefits beginning in September 2021. This position requires some very limited nights and weekends. When on-site, this position will share an office with another employee. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. The company is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and is equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. All employees must strictly adhere to the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion policies of MRT and embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet to model Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender identities.