Young Actor Auditions for A Christmas Carol - click here.
Merrimack Repertory Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre located in Lowell, MA, is seeking one Production Assistant for the 2022-23 season. This position will work primarily with AEA Stage Managers as well as the Artistic/Production staff. The Production Assistant will need to participate in safety measures, including Covid testing, social distancing, and proper use of PPE as dictated by MRT’s Covid Safety Plan. All MRT Employees must be fully vaccinated and boostered.
All MRT employees are expected to embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet of modeling Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT staff works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and more just institution.
Position: Production Assistant
Employment dates: August 8, 2022 – February 15, 2023
1. Commitment to fostering an anti-racist work culture and to anti-racist principals and learning.
2. Commitment to the ideals of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
3. Assist Equity Stage Managers with all stage management duties necessary to prep, rehearse, tech and successfully run each show.
4. Perform stage management support duties in the rehearsal hall, including set up/breakdown, creation of show paperwork, managing line notes, and assisting with the overall flow and efficiency of the room.
5. Create, maintain, and distribute necessary paperwork for rehearsals and performance.
6. Attend meetings throughout the process, including: production meetings, staff meetings, company meetings and any other staff-related events.
7. Track script changes, be on book for tech and filming captures.
8. Prior to tech, the PA will assist props with load-in, organize the backstage area, and help to clean and prep all actor areas.
9. Serve as the backstage liaison for the Production Stage Manager. Will serve as run crew, and must be willing and prepared to be choreographed into scenic transitions as needed based on the specific needs of each production.
10. Schedule travel, meet visiting artists at airports and train stations upon arrival and introducing artists to their housing units on site following all MRT Covid safety procedures.
11. Assist in the maintenance of MRT’s artist housing facilities, which may include cleaning, organizing and rearranging guest suites.
12. Assist in the day-to-day responsibilities of MRT’s Artistic & Production department.
Above all else, MRT is seeking an individual who is willing to embrace Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable team player, as well as those who are willing to help achieve and maintain artistic expectations. MRT strives toward becoming an Anti-Racist organization. We value an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups.
Job Requirements: valid driver’s license, ability to lift 25 pounds
PAs report to MRT’s Artistic Director who assigns stage management teams.
Pay rate: $16 per hour. Guarantee of 30 hours per week. $21 per hour overtime rate after 40 hours.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with ATTN: ARTISTIC DIRECTOR in the subject line. No phone calls please.
PHOTO (l-r) Ryan Barry, Mark Zeisler in Red