Artist Relations and Operations Specialist
Merrimack Repertory Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre located in Lowell, MA, is seeking a full time Artist Relations and Operations Specialist to oversee artist experience and facilities. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Artistic Director and Production Manager to ensure the safety, function, and organization of MRT’s physical spaces and artistic company.
All MRT employees are expected to embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan tenet of modeling Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender identities.
Position: Artist Relations and Operations Specialist, Full Time, Health and Benefits
Start Date: September 15
1. Ensures a quality experience for all artists. Arranges and books travel for Guest Artists from arrival to
departure. Creates travel itinerary to share with artists and company.
2. Prime liaison for facilities related needs at Bagshaw Mills, which includes Administrative Offices and Artist Housing. Works with outside vendors, including cable, internet, plumber, pest control, HVAC company, professional cleaners and condominium board. Schedules, oversees, and provides access to vendors.
3. Primary coordinator for facilities needs at Liberty Hall, MRT’s theatre. Responsibilities include supervising repairs and maintenance while working closely with Lowell Memorial Auditorium management group, the city of Lowell, and outside vendors as needed.
4. Provides guidance to MRT staff at Liberty Hall including House Manager, Stage Manager, Box Office Manager. Ensures that facilities are safe, welcoming, and maintained.
5. Supervisor for onsite Artist Housing, including coordinating outside professional cleaning service, outside maintenance vendors, and monitoring condition of the units.
6. Anticipates scheduled maintenance and supervises upkeep of Artist Housing and Rehearsal Room. Contracts all AEA employees and owns the completion of AEA-based paperwork and demographic report-outs.
7. Maintains Artist Relations seasonal budget.
8. Maintains MRT Company vehicle.
9. Ensures building safety and responsible for locking/unlocking administrative offices.
10. Working with Artistic Director and Executive Director, implement procedures should an emergency arise.
Above all else, MRT is seeking an individual who is willing to embrace Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable team player, as well as those who are willing to help assure the highest possible safety measures. MRT strives toward becoming an Anti-Racist organization. We value an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups.
To apply, please submit resume and letter detailing what excites you about this role as well as your approach to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. EDI is important to MRT’s mission, and we ask you share the ways you would bring EDI to your work. Send to email@example.com with Artist Relations and Operations Specialist in the subject line.
Job Requirements: Valid driver’s license, ability to lift 25 pounds
Classification: Full time
The Artist Relations and Operations Specialist reports to MRT’s Artistic Director and Executive Director.
Salary: $45-50k, health and benefits, permanent position