Job title: Artistic Assistant for “Macbeth”
Reports to Production Manager / Stage Manager
The Artistic Assistant for Merrimack Repertory Theater’s production of Macbeth works closely with the production team to ensure the safety and accessibility of one artist with a disability in navigating our historic Liberty Hall.
All MRT employees are expected to embrace our mission statement and current strategic plan (YEAR) tenet of modeling Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at our core. MRT staff works in a manner consistent with these values by providing ongoing training, education, and action toward becoming an anti-racist and equitable institution across all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual and gender expressions.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for supporting artist w/a disability in navigation and transportation around historic Liberty Hall
• Anticipate potential needs surrounding accessibility during rehearsals and performances
• Compassionate toward and receptive to artist needs as they develop
• Develop a caring, friendly and professional relationship with the artist
• Lifting their wheelchair through various spaces, e.g. rehearsal room, theater, green room, as needed
Community and Interdepartmental
• Work with leadership to create and sustain a thriving organizational and workplace culture, ensuring transparency on culture-related expectations.
• Commit to fostering a workplace culture that infuses practices of anti-racism and equity into its everyday practices as well as its core principles.
• Be a role model for the organization in incorporating equity into all interactions with guest artists and community partners, centering their voices and acknowledging the different aspects of their cultural needs that may differ from established practice.
Other duties as assigned within reason or with adequate compensation.
• CPR Certified
• General understanding of theater, experience working in theatre a plus
• Responsible and capable of administering to health needs if needed
• Current driver’s license.
• Full COVID vaccination (including booster, if eligible)
This position requires regular nights and weekends.
$18 / hour
Dates Needed (subject to change)
Friday, October 14 – Sunday, November 6
First Rehearsal On Stage: 10/14
Start Tech: 10/15
First Preview: 10/19
Friday 10/14 4 pm to 10 pm, First Rehearsal On Stage
Saturday 10/15 11 am to 9pm, Tech (Lunch Break Included)
Sunday 10/16 11 am to 9pm, Tech (Lunch Break Included)
Tuesday 10/18 11:30am to 5:30pm Tech, 6:00pm-9pm Final Dress
Wednesday 10/19 11:30am to 5:30pm, 6:00pm-9pm First Preview
Thursday 10/20 11:30am to 5:30pm, 6:00pm-9pm Preview #2
Friday 10/21 11:30am to 5:30pm, 7pm-10pm Preview #3
Saturday 10/22 7pm-10pm Opening
Sunday 10/23 1pm-3pm Performance #2
Tuesday 10/25 9am-12pm Student Matinee
Wednesday 10/26 1pm-4pm Performance #3, 6pm-9pm Performance #4
Thursday 10/27 6pm-9pm Performance #5
Friday 10/28 7pm-10pm Performance #6
Saturday 10/29 3pm-6pm Performance #7, 7pm-10pm Performance #8
Sunday 10/30 1pm-4pm Performance #9
Tuesday 11/1 9am-12pm Student Matinee, 6pm-9pm Performance #10
Wednesday 11/2 9am-12pm Student Matinee, 6pm-9pm Performance #11
Thursday 11/3 6pm-9pm Performance #12
Friday 11/4 7pm to 10pm Performance #13
Saturday 11/5 3pm-6pm Performance #14, 7pm to 10pm Performance #15
Sunday 11/6 1pm to 3pm Performance #16
Ability to lift 50 lbs, wheelchair lifting, and stand for multiple hours
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Artistic Assistant in the subject line.