MRT is seeking a Lighting and Sound Assistant for the 2019/20 Season
The Lighting and Sound Assistant is responsible for assisting the Lighting and Sound Supervisor in the execution of all their duties as assigned. The position’s primary role will be to serve as the board operator for both Lights and Sound for Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s (MRT) seven-show season. In return they can expect to hone all of the skills necessary to pursue a career in either the lighting or sound fields in a professional theatre environment.
• Dates: August, 2019 – May, 2020
• Compensation: hourly, MA minimum wage
• Valid driver’s license.
• The ability to lift 45 lbs. comfortably.
• Comfort with heights.
• Basic competence with theatrical lighting and sound equipment and procedures equivalent to that earned in a four-year undergraduate program.
The ability to multitask and delegate to an assigned crew of over hire.
• Assist the Lighting and Sound Supervisor (L&SS) in all aspects of show preparation and load-in as assigned.
Act as Assistant Master Electrician under the supervision of the L&SS for a set number of shows in the season
• Assist with the upkeep of all MRT lighting and sound equipment as directed by L&SS.
• Be prepared to handle basic show maintenance and operation.
• Assist with the maintenance all MRT house, external and exit lights. Assist other production staff with general office lighting.
• Function as both Light and Sound Board Operator for the run of all 7 shows.
• Be present at all technical rehearsals and technical rehearsal production meetings.
• Help keep in working order MRT’s hearing impaired assisted listening system and Clear-com communication system.
Secondary duties include but are not limited to:
• As a Merrimack Repertory Theatre company member, help maintain facilities and general professional appearance.
• And all other duties as assigned by the Production Manager or L&SS.
Above all else, MRT is seeking individuals who are willing to embrace the Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable team player, as well as those who are willing to go above and beyond to help achieve and maintain artistic expectations. Assistants may be asked to assist other departments or perform other duties as assigned.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTN: PRODUCER in the subject line. No phone calls please.